We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards
If you have a concern, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your concern. If we have not resolved it within this time you may raise it with the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your concern within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your concern. This will normally involve passing your concern to our client care partner, Sylvia Wilson (Training Development Manager ), who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Sylvia Wilson will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your concern. She will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Sylvia will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Sylvia will send you a detailed written reply to your concern, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for James Ritchie (Company Director) …or… someone unconnected with the matter at the firm …or, for a sole practitioner: to review his/her own decision …or… appropriate alternative such as review by another local solicitor or mediation] to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your concern and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact
PO Box 15870,
about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman (www.legalombudsman.org.uk.) within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within a year of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or you becoming aware of it).
For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.